Thursday, March 7, 2013

Chapter 1 Notes



2) Prediction:  Write down your prediction for what you think will happen next in the story.  Don’t forget to explain what happened in this chapter that helped you form this prediction.
Chapter 1 introduces the main characters of the story. George seems to take care of Lennie and Lennie seems to look up to George. George finds Lennie to be a set back and feels he can do great on his own although when Lennie tests that feeling George feels guilty and admits that he actually really does care about him and wants him around. I predict that sooner or later Lennie is going to run away like he said he would. I also predict that they are going to find a new job and Lennie will find a way to mess it up like he has in the past.
3) Connection:  Write down anything that you found familiar:  either a situation you have experienced, a character that reminds you of someone, or an event from the story that is similar to something you have already read.  *Remember to use good technology ethics!  Do not expose names of people anyone could or would know.  Use good judgment!
            When Lennie imitates George on page 7 it reminds me of my younger cousin. My younger cousin loves watching me do my hair and make-up and tells me she wants to be like me so she watches me get ready and always glances to check if she’s doing the process correctly. Once I began to get frustrated because she was taking up space in the bathroom while I was trying to get ready, and just as George did I scolded her and after o felt guilty just as George did. I apologized and explained why I was mad and she did exactly what Lennie did by trying to make me feel bad but in the end she knew I loved her and always wanted her around.
4) Summarize:  Re-tell, in your own words, the main plot and important details of your reading.  Your summary should not be more than about a paragraph, or 5-7 sentences.
            In chapter 1 they introduce the two main characters. Lennie has a mental disability and George is there to look after him because he lost his Aunt Clara. George and Lennie are on the road because they are looking for new jobs because Lennie made them lose their last job. They are now at a nearby river because they have no place else to stay while they’re on the run. George feels that Lennie holds him back from a bigger and better life.

No comments:

Post a Comment